Our Mission, Vision and Aims
Our Mission statement:
‘Nurturing Hearts and Minds’
God’s love is at the heart of all that we do at St Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School.
Hearts and Minds are nurtured in a stimulating and safe environment. We believe that every child is unique and we nurture each child through a creative and rounded curriculum to reach their full potential. Talents are celebrated and differences are respected within a strong, supportive Catholic community.
At St Gabriel’s children learn to love, respect and care for each other and God’s entire world. Our school is a place where children are filled with a love of life and learning.
To fulfil this at the children’s level, we created a set of values with the children. Values, that if we all follow, we can be followers of Christ in all we do. These ‘Be Values’ are the core of our behaviour policy.
Be your Best
Our vision is that St Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School will be an inspirational school where all love to work, learn and grow in the family of Christ.
Through creating a stimulating learning experience, our children will become confident, independent and resilient with a social conscience for their journey through life. They will develop skills alongside knowledge to equip them to thrive in an increasingly complex and changing world.
Our school will be a place where all learners are happy and safe in a stimulating environment where the values of Jesus Christ are at the centre of everything we do.
We seek to:
- create a caring community in which each child is enabled to fulfil their full potential; spiritually, morally and academically.
- create an environment in which each child is encouraged to develop an enquiring mind and a life-long love of learning,
- ensure that every aspect of school life is rooted in the Gospel values
- recognise and value parents as the first educators of their children, fostering positive relationships and strong working partnerships between the school, parents, and all those responsible for the children’s welfare and education.
- encourage each child to aspire to good moral behaviour and guide each child towards maturity; enabling each child to become a caring, responsible, active member of the community.