We are very proud of our school attendance figures. Last year our percentage was 97.9%. This is an outstanding achievement! We aim to maintain this figure and always seek to improve this.
If your child is absent from school then a telephone call to the school on the first day of absence before 9.00am is required.
If it is known that a child will be absent due to a visit to the doctor/dentist etc; please inform the school office in advance by means of a letter.
Absence requested for a holiday will not be authorised except in exceptional circumstances.
All late arrivals and absences will be recorded in the ‘Absence and Late Diary’ as a Health and Safety precaution.
Why is attendance at school and punctuality important?
Attending school every day is crucial for learning, social skills and personal responsibility.
- 98% attendance means that your child has missed 4 days in the school year
- 95% attendance means that your child has missed 10 days in the school year
- 90% attendance means that your child has missed 19 days in the school year
- 80% attendance means that your child has missed 38 days in the school year
- 5 minutes late each day means three whole days lost each year
- 17 days missed from school each year equates to a whole GCSE grade
- Attendance affects learning, future earning, wellbeing and a sense of belonging